The Accountant supports the Lead Cost Controller and Finance Manager in the provision of timely and accurate financial reporting for Region and Corporate management. The Accountant assists with the preparation of operating and capital budgets and helps to maintain accurate legal entity financial records. The Accountant assists the Lead Cost Controller and Finance Manager to monitor the Region’s compliance with controls, AFE’s, accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the Accountant helps prepare for annual internal & external audits and assists with other ad-hoc financial projects when required.
- Understand Borr’s vision and apply the company values in all business activities.
- Prepare monthly client invoices in accordance to contract terms.
- Following up client receivables in accordance with contractual terms and within due date.
- Support Lead Cost controller in all contractual matters arising from any invoices from clients and suppliers, ensure these are addressed in accordance with accepted practice and procedure.
- Review all Non-PO incoming invoices for assigned profit centres (appropriate documentation and coding).
- Assist in preparing accurate monthly accruals to ensure correct timing of income and costs.
- Ensure all journal vouchers have appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts including auditable supporting documentation.
- Prepare all intercompany invoices in accordance with contracts (bareboat & service agreements), AFE procedures and intercompany confirmations between entities.
- Assist during month end management reporting, including commentaries on significant variances in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of client contracts relating to assigned rig.
- Keep the Cost Controller informed of all issues impacting operational reporting and results.
- Provide support and information to other departments if requested/required to ensure correct input to the financial records (e.g. Supply Chain Department, HR department, Rig Manager).
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other tasks within the finance structure subject to availability.
- Travel to operations locations as requested/required during budget process or for other ad-hoc requirements.
Qualifications / Skills / Training & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance or other relevant discipline at the Company’s discretion, CA /ACCA /CPA /CIMA /CMA completed or part-qualified preferred.
- Previous accounting experience in the International Oil & Gas Industry. Prefer experience in similar role within the offshore drilling related environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; fluency in English required.
- Advanced MS Excel working knowledge and ERP experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to follow up on all tasks to completion.
- Proficient problem-solving skills: demonstrate ability to evaluate problems from differing viewpoints and recognize potential root cause of problems and suggest possible solutions.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com with the subject header ”Accountant_BR138”.