The Business Application Manager will be responsible for managing the software applications within the business, in particular IFS which is the Company’s’ ERP System. The Business Application Manager will provide guidance on what specific applications are needed to improve business operations, through engagement with other departments within the organisation. The Business Application Manager will prepare the servers, supervise the installation, load data into it, upgrade it, repair it, supervise upgrades and daily maintenance of software applications used by the organisation. The Business Application Manager will also be responsible where viable to train and communicate the roll out of new software across the organisation.
- Manage ERP System (IFS), with support of third party vendors
- Responsible for all business applications, including software implementation and upgrades
- Aanalyze the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions.
- Keep up to date with latest software developments.
- Develop strategies to utilize the software to make the business more efficient and successful.
- Troubleshoots problems with the software, including technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems
- Create processes and protocols for software, including developing procedures for usage and training users.
- Interact closely and manage third party system providers
- Analytical thinker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels, including conveying proposals to senior managers
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Experience with database management
- Familiarity with Project management principles
- Experience with Information system troubleshooting
- Demonstrated skill in developing automated business systems
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of advanced systems analysis methods, practices, and principles
- Knowledge of cost modeling principle
- Experience preparing workflow analyses
- Experience leading and facilitating training
Qualifications / Experience
- Project Management standard certification (PRINCE2, Lean, Scrum, etc.)
- IT Governance standards certification (ITIL, COBIT, ISO, etc.)
- IT Application Testing standard certification (ISTQB, ISO, etc.)
- Extensive experience in IFS ERP solution for offshore drilling industry required in a replicated environment (support and development)
- Extensive experience in offshore drilling company business process improvement initiatives
- Experience in IT solutions for offshore drilling company major business areas (Asset Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance Management, HR Management, QHSE Management, Document Management)
- Experience in IT Contract Management
- Experience in Reporting Frameworks (MS SSRS, BI (MS Power BI)) and supporting processes (ETL, MS SSAS, MS SSIS)
- Experience in IFS IoT Module and Azure IoT services is a benefit
Applications must be sent to email@example.com with the subject header ‘Business Application Manager (Aberdeen)_BR125’