Based in London, the Corporate Controller reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer of the Global Business which is dual listed on the NYSE and Norwegian exchanges. The business is extremely active in the US and EU Capital Markets, with multiple equity and debt filings in the last two years. The Company’s principal reporting framework is US GAAP, with IFRS at a statutory level in multiple territories. The role involves active participation in the global accounting function, financial reporting and capital markets filings, including project managing ad hoc filings and directly assisting the C level management in reaching conclusions and executing decisions.
On a day to day basis, the role will involve dealing with auditors, bankers and advisors, researching accounting issues and responding to regulators, as well as liaising with Regional Finance Managers on matters of importance and overseeing global Legal Entity Integrity. The role also traditionally involves leadership on Internal Controls improvement, and ultimately leading the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and ongoing compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, including explanatory notes, as well as responsible for balance sheet integrity and key reconciliations
- Monitoring the issuance of new accounting standards (US GAAP and IFRS) and owning the implementation process
- Researching and drafting accounting papers on technical accounting issues, principally in US GAAP, for review by CAO and auditors, including forward looking modelling effects
- Participation in drafting commercial business agreements in order to provide accounting perspective in advance of execution
- Overseeing internal controls improvement initiatives
- Working closely with a cross functional team in Accounting, Finance/Treasury and Investor Relations
- Lead project manager for capital markets filings
- Coaching members of the Financial Reporting Team in areas of complex accounting and SEC developments
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum college degree/Diploma (Accounting and/or finance degree required), CA /ACCA /CPA /CIMA /CMA completed
- Previous experience from a large accounting or audit firm. Experience from offshore oil industry companies is preferred, but not a necessity
- Expert knowledge in US GAAP with wide knowledge of IFRS
- Previous experience in Capital Markets filings in the US, in particular with respect to raising equity
- Previous experience with Internal Controls implementation, and IT/ERP improvement programs will be a differentiator
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while also contributing to the Quarterly and Annual accounting cycles
- Proficient in Excel, experience in IFS ERP and Workiva an advantage
Applications must be sent to email@example.com with the subject header “Corporate Controller_BR132 (London)”.