The Legal Counsel – Corporate provides counsel, guidance and management of corporate legal matters within the Borr Drilling organisation. The primary role of the Senior Legal Counsel – Corporate shall be to ensure that legal entities and primary assets within Borr Drilling comply with the relevant corporate, tax as well as administrative laws and regulations. This position will among other things deal with corporate governance matters, economics substance compliance as well as management of corporate financing agreements requirements in relation to legal entities. This position requires intensive inter-functional interactions with proactive corporate governance management and monitoring roles.
- Regular review of financing agreements compliance and obligations for new contracts and the existing contracts.
- Maintain financing agreements compliance registers and provide assistance in preparing and getting the compliance documents executed (assignment of receivables, assignment of contracts, etc.).
- Organise, update and maintain corporate governance list such as related parties transaction, register of quarterly Director and financial Persons questionnaires, etc.
- Liaise with Bermuda Team to prepare legal documentation for change of company structures, directors.
- Regularly updating and maintaining the Borr Subsidiaries registers.
- Review and maintain register of Parent Company Guarantees issued by Borr Drilling Limited and subsidiaries.
- Review and maintain register of financial securities (Bank Guarantee, Bonds, SBLC) issued for Borr subsidiaries including contingent liability, expiration and status.
- Prepare and maintain drilling contracts register on specific issues such as early termination, bankruptcy clause, assignment clause.
- Provide corporate secretarial assistance for Bank’s KYC, Audit and other corporate information requests.
- Review and update Legal’s corporate subsidiaries SharePoint folders.
- Review and maintain Rigs legal registers (rig owners jurisdictions, flags, FME status, IMO status etc.).
- Provide general assistance for the current financing projects including relevant corporate secretarial works (minutes of board meetings, UWRs, etc.)
- Liaising with Tax Department on subsidiaries liquidation projects.
- Provide corporate secretarial assistance for the Tax Department in relation to subsidiaries tax registration compliance requirements as well as economic substance matters.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law from an accredited University;
- Licensed to practice law; member in good standing bar (e.g. Solicitor of England and Wales).
- Chartered company secretary qualification (such as ICSA) will be preferable.
- Substantial post-qualification professional legal and/or corporate secretarial experience, preferably some experience in corporate secretarial and entity management with mutli-national or publicly listed organizations.
- Strong experience in managing multi-jurisdictions legal entities corporate matters is a must.
- Ability to judge character, distinguish relevant facts, assimilate and analyse facts, and apply legal conclusions.
- Good communication and analytical skills; good legal writing skills; strong sense of humour and teamwork skills; good problem-solving skills and positive attitude.
- Strong resource management skills and ability to plan and organise independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application. Knowledge in using Microsoft SharePoint and legal entities management software will be preferable.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Legal Counsel – Corporate_BR146 (London)”