Borr Drilling deliver high quality drilling operations in hydrocarbon basins around the world. We do it safely – and efficiently. Our modern fleet of rigs and capable organization will deliver safe and high-quality drilling operations to our customers. With a strong and experienced organizational culture, combined with a unique capital structure, Borr Drilling is built to make a difference.
Fully accountable for all rig operations, safety of people and management of rig assets in accordance with Borr Drilling’s core processes, performance and maintenance standards. The Rig Manager is the primary customer contact for day to day operations and is accountable for managing the customer relationship.
- Management of rig operations, production, maintenance, costs and personnel to meet the Company’s business objectives
- Ensures activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory, corporate and local certification requirements
- Liaise with customer/s regarding safety and operational items, along with pre-planning and adherence to customer standards
- Develop and maintain operational performance targets for the respective unit.
- Responsible for ensuring the unit is compliant with contract at all times, where deviations are in place are captured by management of change
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize rig downtime
- Confirm that proper planning of preventative maintenance is carried out to efficiently maintain rig equipment
- Within the range set out by the company, ensure that an adequate level of inventory and consumables is maintained on the rig to meet regular maintenance requirements and the emergency repair of safety and operations critical equipment
- In coordination with the OIM, ensure that supervision, direction and training is provided to drilling rig crew members including compliance with all safety and operational procedures
- Plan and supervise rig moves including rig up / down procedures
- Drive adherence to Company policies, guidelines and work requirements
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions valued
- Ensure people development, performance management and succession planning is established for all rig-based personnel
- Provide leadership to ensure the safety of all onsite personnel with the goal of an incident-free operation
- Global mobility is a pre-requisite
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a technical college or university
- In lieu of the above, you should have a minimum of 5 years of international experience as a rig manager
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to oversee budget plans in line with the company strategic and long-term objectives
- Previous experience of offshore rig-based work in remote locations will be viewed as advantageous
Applications must be sent to email@example.com along with the following job reference mentioned in the subject “Rig Manager BR_010”