Reporting into the Tax Director and working closely with the Regional Finance Managers, this role will assume the day to day oversight & control of all aspects of tax compliance within the Group. The Tax Compliance Specialist will work collaboratively with the Tax Director and VP of Tax in various projects and tax reporting as well as managing the worldwide compliance requirements related to direct and indirect tax and liaising with local advisors. In addition, the Tax Compliance Specialist will assist with the documentation and development of the Group’s transfer pricing practices and R&D tax credits.
- Preparation and filing UK CIT returns, UK VAT returns, Return to Provision, Tax provision in statutory accounts etc.
- Keeping up to date with UK tax compliance requirements.
- Oversee company’s global tax compliance.
- Design, oversight, and implementation of internal tax compliance controls.
- Support Regional Finance Managers with local tax submissions including VAT, Intrastat, Corporation Tax.
- Support HR Group with compliance requirements related to mobile crew working globally.
- Liaising with tax advisors and taxing authorities
- Build relationship within the business to ensure understanding of key business process triggering tax reporting requirements
- Assist with year-end statutory audit
- Various other ad-hoc duties within the finance group
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified ACA or CTA
- Previous experience managing key tax processes (VAT, Corporation Tax, Customs)
- Excellent UK tax compliance knowledge
- Experience of internal audit or review, design, implementation, and monitoring controls in a tax/accounting environment
- Proven ability to plan and achieve deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ideally proficient in Alphatax and AlphaVAT
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- A curiosity and tenacity to investigate matters
- Oil and gas drilling industry experience preferred
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Tax Compliance Specialist_BR133 (Aberdeen)”.