The Senior Accountant supports the Cost Controller and Financial Controller, is responsible for preparing journal entries and maintain legal entity financial records and assists with other ad-hoc financial projects when required. The Senior Accountant assists the Cost Controller and Financial Controller to monitor the Region’s compliance with policies, procedures, controls and AFE’s. In addition, the Senior Accountant helps prepare for annual internal & external audits and assists with other ad-hoc financial projects when required.
- Understand Borr’s vision and apply the company values in all business activities.
- Support Cost controller in all contractual matters arising from any invoices from clients and suppliers, ensure these are addressed in accordance with accepted practice and procedure.
- Review all Non-PO incoming invoices for assigned profit centres (appropriate documentation and coding).
- Assist in preparing accurate monthly accruals to ensure correct timing of income and costs.
- Ensure all journal vouchers have appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts including auditable supporting documentation.
- Oversees the efficient resolution of all intercompany differences throughout the close.
- Develops intercompany policy and procedures along with senior finance team and ensures policies are consistently applied across the group
- Prepare all intercompany invoices in accordance with contracts (bareboat & service agreements), AFE procedures and intercompany confirmations between entities.
- Performs bank reconciliation each close for Corporate entities
- Prepares manual journals at month end close.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline each month end close
- Supports during external audits performed by PWC
- Performs fixed asset depreciation and amortisations for the group and reconciles on a monthly basis.
- Supports in the review of corporate P&L and management fee allocations.
- Supports in the review, reporting and reconciliation of regional results such each month end.
- Assists in the design and operations of internal financial controls.
- Maintain checklists during closing and department audits
- Assist during month end management reporting, including commentaries on significant variances in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Keep the Cost Controller informed of all issues impacting operational reporting and results.
- Provide support and information to other departments if requested/required to ensure correct input to the financial records (e.g. Supply Chain Department, HR department, Rig Manager).
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other tasks within the finance structure subject to availability.
- Minimum 4-year college degree/Diploma (Accounting and/or finance degree required), CA/ ACCA/CPA/CIMA/CMA qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of financial experience. Prefer experience in similar role within the offshore drilling related environment.
- Advanced MS Excel working knowledge and ERP experience preferred
- Strong analysis, problem solving and excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Senior Accountant (Corporate)_BR144 (Aberdeen)”