The main purpose of this role is to support the Marketing Department in all aspects of tender process. The Tender Specialist shall be able to prepare technical analysis of the tender requirements and match them to the Borr’s fleet capabilities and be with familiar with drilling contracts provisions and undertakings. Further, the Tender Specialist shall develop and maintain an understanding of all regional market conditions and developments and Borr’s fleet capabilities to assist the Marketing Team in establishing and maintaining a marketing and business development strategy.
- With the assistance of the Tendering Manager, participate on the initial evaluations and make recommendations for tender’s strategy.
- Preparation and submission of tenders and commercial proposals, including liaising with the assigned personnel for the various disciplines in accordance with defined schedules and deadlines and in line with Borr policies and procedures.
- Conduct technical gap analysis and produce cost estimates for compliance with tender requirements and identify potential issues between chosen rig and required scope of work.
- Liaise with rig organizations to ensure IADC Equipment Lists and technical documentation is accurate for dissemination.
- Ensure that technical content of tender submissions is accurate and factual.
- Follow up on Customers clarifications and eventual negotiations resulting from proposals and /or tender submissions.
- Engage with other business areas to gather required information and first-hand experience.
- Assist with contracts negotiation as and when required.
- Assemble and maintain internal documentation relating to the tendering process, including recording management approval relating to tendering and contracting actions
- Maintains tender files and arranges their archiving upon Tender completion.
- Provide support in the contract administration, including the preparation and control of any amendments/variations.
- Regular collaboration with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Legal, HSE, Finance, HR & Supply Chain
Qualifications / Experience / Attitude & Behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or similar.
- Extensive experience in a similar role with an international drilling contractor (preferred), operator or service provider.
- Excellent analytical skills, disciplined, organized and willing to travel.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver within established deadlines.
- Structured and systematic with strong time planning abilities.
- Communication and writing skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Additional languages are beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Office package including project planner.
- Highly detail oriented and team player.
- Experience working offshore would be highly advantageous.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following job reference mentioned in the subject “Tender Specialist Aberdeen_BR109”